Continuous Safety Improvement
Safety is our no.1 value. We are committed to achieving significant safety improvements over the next three years and beyond. The Health and Safety Framework includes our vision, the governance structure, the OH&S Management System and safety KPIs for every employee.
We are currently reviewing our OH&S Management system against OHSAS 18001 and the WHS Act. A complete system re-build will be completed this year. We are also conducting external audits of mobile and fixed plant against relevant standards.
Activities underway to support our continuous improvement
back to top
- OHSAS 18001 Safety Management System Standard has been adopted as our framework to build our OHS continuous improvement process.
- Thirteen OH&S learning modules are being built and will be rolled out in 2012 across GrainCorp
- An OHS Management System External Audit is being undertaken and system revamped
- Seven risk-profiled plant and equipment projects are underway including audit and modifications
- A fatal risk identification program has commenced
- An automated global incident reporting and tracking system is being scoped
- A Safety Leadership program is being piloted in May to July 2012, with rollout planned across all leaders in 2012 and 2013
- Enhanced Personal Protective Equipment Standards have been introduced to the Australian grain businesses.