Technical Documents and Information
How can you be confident in the results generated at a GrainCorp sample stand?
All of GrainCorp’s testing procedures comply with the national testing standards set by Grain Trade Australia (GTA).
1. All samplers (grain assessors) attend a training session and must pass a theoretical and practical assessment before they are allowed to sample loads at GrainCorp sample stands.
2. Visual assessments are made by trained samplers using the GTA Visual Recognition Standards Guide.
3. All of the test equipment is inspected and calibrated routinely. The protein measuring instruments are certified by a licensed verifier annually.
4. Protein testing equipment is checked daily using a reference sample with a known protein level.
5. Samples are collected daily from every sample stand. These are then tested at the local Technical Services laboratory where the test results are compared
6. Site staff are supported by their local Technical Services team who are on hand to offer assistance and expertise when required.
Grain Sample Request