Grain receivals (tonnes) at GrainCorp up-country sites as at 21 November 2022
|Since last report||Total|
|New South Wales||215,700||389,300|
|Total grain receivals||566,800||1,707,800|
- Central Queensland growers are enjoying the biggest yields they have seen in over a decade. GrainCorp sites in this region have received over 500,000 tonnes and are starting to shut to outload grain to create more capacity.
- Good progress was made in the Goondiwindi and Western Downs clusters last week with improved weather.
- Northern NSW sites across Moree, Burren Junction and Narrabri regions have ramped up after favourable weather last week. Roads re-opening around Walgett have allowed activity to increase in that region too.
- Southern NSW sites are receiving predominantly canola so far, however, on-farm harvest activity has been delayed by rain events impeding machinery access into paddock. Weather is expected to improve next week.
- In Victoria, sites across the Mallee and Swan Hill regions are receiving mostly canola and barley, with some receivals now trickling into Central Victoria, the Wimmera and North-East regions. Again, weather is delaying on-farm harvest activity.
- Late crop development and delayed harvest activity has resulted in multiple commodities being delivered at once, with canola, barley, and wheat all underway.
- A wide range of quality and grades being received across the network, including good quantities of milling wheat. Teams are actively assessing requirements for segregations as required.
- Harvest Casual positions are still available in certain regions. More information: graincorp.com.au/harvest-casuals/