Grain receivals (tonnes) at GrainCorp’s sites as at 25 October 2021
|Since last report||Total|
|New South Wales||–||120,700|
|Total grain receivals||–||857,400|
- Queensland well underway: Central QLD sites starting to wind down now but Darling Downs, Goondiwindi and Western Downs clusters are ramping up and receiving predominantly wheat.
- Rain events in QLD have slowed down receivals but sites are fully staffed with all casual roles filled, some still available in NSW and VIC.
- Some sites across the Moree and Burren Junction clusters in northern NSW now receiving grain, and at this early stage the quality indicates a normal receival split across wheat grades and very good quality for barley.
- Flex sites like Noondoo and Wallumbilla in QLD receiving grain for the first time in 10 years and Kiacatoo in NSW ready for grain for the first time in seven years.
- Site expansions completed or well underway at Coonamble, Gilgandra, Moree, Trundle and Deniliquin in NSW; Murchison East, Tocumwal and Nhill in VIC
- Strict COVID-19 protocols in place on sites: face masks are mandatory, vaccination is strongly encouraged (government-mandated in VIC) and growers urged to keep in contact with site managers.
- Up-to-date pricing information through CropConnect with 12,000 growers and buyers registered across Australia.