Grain receivals (tonnes) at GrainCorp up-country sites as at 30 October 2023
|Since last report||Total|
|New South Wales||293,400||429,600|
|Total grain receivals||372,600||798,800|
- Harvest activity in Central Queensland is beginning to wind down, with receivals now focussed on the Darling Downs and Goondiwindi regions.
- NSW sites now well into harvest, with the Dubbo, Wyalong and Griffith regions starting to receive canola and wheat this week and the first deliveries of chickpeas into sites like Moree.
- In Queensland and NSW, the overall quality across commodities has been excellent.
- In Victoria, the first deliveries of barley have come into the Northern Mallee and Swan Hill regions. In other regions, some canola and barley samples have been received while growers are windrowing their canola crops. Despite an earlier start, cooler weather has since slowed the activity.
- To provide growers with greater flexibility in their storage and marketing options, GrainCorp has made a significant update to its free storage period for this year’s winter crop receivals, extending it until 30 June 2024. The updated Grower Warehouse Agreement can be found, here.
Images available for use:
 Excludes winter crop receivals prior to 1 October 2023 and direct-to-port receivals.