The winter crop harvest is a special experience in Australia and at GrainCorp, and we love seeing the experience from your point of view.
From harvesting, delivering and storing grain to weather events to the wide variety of crops – we’re offering prizes to winning photo entries submitted by people who share their harvest adventures with us on social media.
To enter, simply share your original photos that reflect the Australian grain harvest via Twitter, Facebook or a public Instagram account and tag @GrainCorp (on Twitter), @GrainCorp (on an Instagram post) and/or @GrainCorpLimited (on Facebook) while using the hashtag #GrainCorpHarvest2021.
There is no limit on the number of photos that may be entered. If your harvest is already wrapping up, don’t worry! You can submit a photo from earlier in the season.
The most interesting, inspirational and exciting photos to take home the prizes for the competition:
- First place: valued at $500;
- Second Place: valued at $350; and
- Third Place: valued at $150.
These will be pre-loaded onto VISA gift cards which will be sent to each winner’s nominated address, with a GrainCorp merchandise pack included.
See the Terms and Conditions below for full details.
Terms & Conditions
- This Harvest Photo Competition 2021 (“Competition”) is being promoted and run by GrainCorp Operations Limited (the “Promoter”) with its registered address at 175 Liverpool Street, Sydney NSW 2000, ABN 52 003 875 401.
- These Terms and Conditions govern the conduct of the Competition and entrants (“Entrant” or “you”) are deemed to have read and agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions by agreeing to participate in the Competition.
- Entry into the Competition is free (excluding internet connection charges). To participate in the Competition, share your original photos on one of the below accounts, using the hashtag #GrainCorpHarvest2021 during the Competition Period:
- Facebook (and tagging @GrainCorpLimited);
- Instagram (and tagging @GrainCorp); and/or
- Twitter (and tagging @GrainCorp)
- In the event of an entry on Instagram, only entries from public Instagram accounts that are posted (and not a story) will be eligible.
- Entries cannot be modified after they have been submitted.
- The Competition commences at 12:00hrs on 19 November 2021 and closes at 23:59hrs on Thursday, 20 January 2022 (“Competition Period”). All times and dates are times and dates in Sydney, Australia.
- Entry into the Competition is open during the Competition Period across Australia and is:
- open to Australian residents; and
- not restricted to any age limit, for participants under 18 years of age a parent’s or guardian’s consent is required and the consenting guardian is then bound by these Terms and Conditions/
- On 21 January 2022, the Promoter will announce the three winners of the Competition for the first, second and third prizes (“Winners”).
- Each entry must be original photographs taken by you. You warrant that the entry does not contain or infringe on any trademarks or copyright material owned (wholly or partly) by a third party or violate any rights of privacy.
- You must have the permission of all individuals in each photograph before it is uploaded and you are responsible for determining the appropriate permissions or releases for your entries.
- In submitting your entry, you consent to the publication of your name and photo entry on the Promoter’s website and/or social media pages.
- Entries that are found to breach these Terms and Conditions will be considered invalid. If you have been awarded a prize, that prize must be returned to the Promoter. The Promoter in its sole discretion may disqualify any entrant who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached these Terms and Conditions or engaged in any unlawful activity or other improper misconduct that jeopardises the fair and proper conduct of the Competition. The Promoter reserves its legal rights to recover damages or other compensation against you for any breach.
- In participating in the Competition, the Winners agree to co-operate in all editorial and media/PR activities relating to the Competition, including any interviews or photographs. The Winners authorise the Promoter to use such footage and photographs together with their names, voices, videos, image and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes in any media in perpetuity worldwide without additional compensation or further reference to them.
Assessing entries and prizes
- All valid entries received during the Competition Period will be judged on their merit, which may include (and will not be limited to) the consideration of:
- technical excellence;
- artistic merit; and
- relevance to the GrainCorp agribusiness, the community, and/or the 2021/22 winter crop harvest.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and it reserves the right not to provide any explanation for the award of prizes for the Competition. No correspondence will be entered into resulting the outcome.
- Winners will receive a direct message on their Instagram, Facebook or Twitter accounts (whichever used for their entry into the Competition) from the Promoter notifying them that they have won a prize and to provide relevant details to claim that prize. If a Winner does not respond within 2 business days of receiving a direct message, or provide all relevant details required, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the award of that prize and to award it to another entrant.
- There will be three (3) prizes for the Competition:
- First place: valued at $500;
- Second Place: valued at $350; and
- Third Place: valued at $150, pre-loaded onto VISA gift cards which will be sent to the Winners’ nominated address (Australia only). A GrainCorp merchandise pack will also be included.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter. As a condition of entering the Competition and acceptance of any prize, you agree:
- to assign all copyrights or other intellectual property rights in and to their entry and any related content to the Promoter;
- that the Promoter has an irrevocable, transferrable and unrestricted right to use your entry in connection with the Promoter’s business without the payment of any compensation;
- to any documentation the Promoter requires to give effect to this arrangement; and
- to provide consent to any use of your entry which may otherwise infringe your moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
- If for any reason whatsoever beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Competition is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated, including due to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to, in its sole discretion, suspend, modify, or terminate this Competition and/or to disqualify any entrant who tampers with, or is suspected of tampering with, the Competition.
- To the extent permitted by law, you agree to indemnify the Promoter for, and to release and forever discharge the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action, and any loss or damage (including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury or damage to property (third party or otherwise) suffered or sustained in connection with the Competition, publication of entries on its website or social media channels in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, or the award or acceptance of any prize/s.
- If the prize comes with guarantees from the prize provider that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law and those guarantees are not complied with, then you will have rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
- This Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia. Each entrant irrevocably agrees that the courts of New South Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any action, proceedings or disputes which may arise out of or in connection with the Competition or these Terms and Conditions.