Grain receivals (tonnes) at GrainCorp up-country sites as at 3 January 2023
|Since 19 December 2022||Total|
|New South Wales||839,220||4,534,200|
|Total grain receivals||2,158,000||9,834,120|
- Grain receivals continued strongly throughout NSW and Victoria over the festive season, with over two million tonnes of grain received since the last Harvest Update.
- Primary areas of receival activity have been the Junee, Temora, Wyalong and Cunningar regions in southern NSW and the Wimmera, southern Mallee, Central and North East regions in Victoria.
- Drier and warmer conditions also helped growers in northern NSW harvest their remaining crops. The receival activity in this area is beginning to wrap up, with growers looking ahead to summer cropping opportunities.
- Large outload program continued across the GrainCorp network during the festive period to create capacity for more receivals. This will be sustained throughout January, with up to 200,000 tonnes to be outloaded per week.
- Some sites particularly in northern NSW are open by appointment only now – growers are encouraged to communicate with their local Site Managers regarding opening hours, deliveries and segregations.