Grain receivals (tonnes) at GrainCorp up-country sites as at 4 January 2022
|Since last report||Total|
|New South Wales||1,274,000||7,242,900|
|Total grain receivals||2,070,450||12,428,740|
 Includes 2021 winter crop receivals prior to 1 October 2021.
- Grain receivals continued strongly throughout NSW and Victoria over the festive season, with over two million tonnes of grain received since the last Harvest Update, making it one of the busiest holiday receival periods on record.
- Dry and warm weather conditions saw strong harvest activity throughout southern NSW and Victoria, particularly in the Parkes, Temora, Junee and Cunningar regions, in southern NSW, and in the Wimmera, Central Victoria and north east regions of Victoria.
- The drier and warmer conditions also helped growers in northern NSW harvest their remaining crops. The receival activity from this area is now starting to wrap up, with growers looking ahead to summer cropping opportunities.
- Significant grain out loading program also continued across the entire network over the festive season, with strong domestic and export orders creating capacity for more receivals. This is expected to be sustained throughout January, with up to 300,000 tonnes of grain out loaded per week.
- Some sites open by appointment only now – growers are encouraged to communicate with local site and area managers regarding opening hours, deliveries, and segregations.