Grain receivals (tonnes) at GrainCorp up-country sites as at 16 November 2022
|Since last report||Total|
|New South Wales||–||173,600|
|Total grain receivals||–||1,141,000|
- Harvest in Queensland well underway; Central Queensland sites starting to fill now, although Darling Downs, Goondiwindi and Western Downs clusters are also ramping up and receiving predominantly wheat.
- The site at Yamala is on track to fill to capacity for the first time since opening in 2020. The broader Central Queensland cluster of sites have also recorded the best season in over a decade.
- Late crop development due to mild spring, coupled with recent rainfall events has delayed on-farm harvest activity and deliveries to NSW and Victoria sites by up to approx. 5 weeks.
- Activity underway in NSW, predominantly receiving canola, and teams are actively assessing requirements for segregations as required.
- GrainCorp continues to outload more than 250,000 tonnes of grain across the network each week despite weather disruptions to rail and road supply chains.
- Site open times are weather dependent; growers should remain in touch with Site Managers for updates. More than ever, communication is key to working together to bring in the harvest.